Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Belated Present!!!

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. I walked out of a supermarket today to find those fluffy little white pieces of heaven falling. I could feel my face break into a HUGE smile. It was the greatest present ever. 
Speaking of which, here are a few things I have gotten for myself in the past few days with the birthday money people have been giving me. (Thanks, everyone!!)

Yesterday I went and got a new pair of running shoes. I know. What? I don't run. But I would like to start. There is a park a block from my house and so many other people in my house run there. I'm already walking more than I ever have in my life, why not run as well? And because the store I got them in is going out of business so everything was ridiculously cheap, I got a pair of sweatpants to run in as well. So far, only the sweatpants have been used and that was to sleep in. Good intentions, people. Good intentions. 
Another great purchase on my account was lunch yesterday. I finally tried Oxford's Mexican Food. The name of the place is The Mission. And not only do the use the same set-up as Chipotle, but the same font as well. Unfortunately it does not taste too much like Chipotle. That isn't to say it wasn't still very good as far as British Mexican food standards go. But their chicken wasn't just chicken; it had so many onions mixed into it that I was in desperate need of gum by the time I finished.  
Today after a great tutorial spent discussing The Chronicles of Narnia, I bought myself three books. It came very close to being four, but my practicality caught the better of me and I decided I couldn't justify sending one more book home at the end of term. I could justify, however, a sketch book and some coloured pencils

But really, getting snow was exactly what I asked for, what I had wished for and prayed for. It has since stopped, and was not sticking to anything as it fell, but nonetheless, there were millions of snowflakes. Brilliant. 

No comments: