Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fairy Tales and Happily Ever Afters

The term is nearing its end. Thursday morning at 11 my final essay is due: 4,000 words on the relationship between evil and beauty in fantasy novels and fairy tales. Tutorials ended last week so I've been able to devote much of the past 7 days to research. But really, I've been a little preoccupied with my upcoming break. 
Thursday afternoon we are throwing a gigantic Christmas Morning party to celebrate the completion of our academic term. We will carol and have a White Elephant gift exchange and watch It's A Wonderful Life (a movie I am none too fond of and might just nap through instead). The Friday morning my house is having another Christmas Morning and then its hectic packing time! I'm checking out and saying goodbye Friday afternoon then taking a coach into London and then on to Scotland. 
My room is in tatters and I have books strewn everywhere. This last essay will be tough to write but I'm consoled by the fact that on all three floors beneath me, 20 others are doing the same. I'm not ready yet to say goodbye, but already I'm looking forward to a wandering break and the beginning of a new term. 

No comments: